To view our Attendance Policy, click here to view.
Our attendance for each GLC academy is listed below:
|Gateway Primary Free School||96%|
|Herringham Primary Academy||96%|
|Lansdowne Primary Academy||96%|
|Tilbury Pioneer Academy||96%|
We hold regular Attendance Assemblies...
And compete in a termly Attendance Challenge, won in the Autumn 2016 by Herringham Primary Academy...
We also hold a Pizza Challenge...
100% Attendance pupils were also rewarded with a special Attendance Fun Day...
Panels are held once a month in each of the academies, and parents will receive a written invitation with the date and time of their appointment. The Attendance staff on the panels will be offering the parent(s) the opportunity to explain absences, and any issues that may be impacting on attendance from the academy. Where pupils are in Year 2, 6 or 11 the panels can be held as soon as the need arises to establish a fast track return to school.
The panel will then complete an Action Plan which is then monitored by the academy. If improvement is not made within the timescales then a discussion is held with Mr Dominic Davison (Group Education Welfare Officer) to establish the next stage of intervention.
What is the purpose of the meeting?
- It is an opportunity to resolve attendance problems and avoid legal proceedings.
- Explain the consequences of poor attendance.
- Enables the parent to contribute to a plan to improve the pupils attendance.
- The meeting is set up to move the situation forward not to cover old ground.
- Can be used as evidence in the court process.
- The intended outcome is for a plan to be agreed that will improve the pupils attendance at school and a review date to be set.
- If there is no change in the pupils school attendance it can lead to prosecution in court.
|COURT DATE||OUTCOME||FINE||COSTS||VICTIM SURCHARGE||TOTAL|
|MARCH||PLEADED GUILTY VIA POST||70||100||30||200|
|FAILED TO ATTEND - GUILTY IN ABSENCE||440||415||44||899|
|APRIL||FAILED TO ATTEND - GUILTY IN ABSENCE||120||200||30||350|
|PLEADED GUILTY - 12 MONTH CONDITIONAL DISCHARGE||0||0||20||20|
|JUNE||PLEADED GUILTY - 200 HOURS UNPAID WORK||0||200||85||285|
|AUGUST||PLEADED GUILTY VIA POST||40||50||30||120|
|PLEADED GUILTY VIA POST||20||50||30||100|
|FAILED TO ATTEND - GUILTY IN ABSENCE||220||125||30||375|
|FAILED TO ATTEND - GUILTY IN ABSENCE||440||125||30||595|
|PLEADED GUILTY IN COURT||150||100||30||280|
|PLEADED GUILTY IN COURT||100||100||30||230|
|FAILED TO ATTEND - GUILTY IN ABSENCE||880||400||60||1340|