GLC GPFS: Administrative Assistant Required
Contract Type: Part Time 37 hours per week 44.3 weeks per year
Contract Term: Permanent
Place of Work: GLC: Gateway Primary Free School
Start Date: ASAP
(The post holder may be required to work in any GLC Academy as reasonably required)
Gateway Primary Free School is part of the larger Gateway Learning Community (GLC): a partnership of local primary and secondary schools committed to working together to achieve the highest educational standards for the whole community and is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
We are seeking to appoint an efficient admin assistant with excellent administration and IT skills to be part of our very busy school office team. We are a dynamic Primary Academy serving the diverse community of Tilbury Essex, working in close association with other academies within the Gateway Learning Community Trust.
We are looking for someone:
- To be responsible for maintaining the student database for all admissions, main school and nursery, with excellent knowledge and experience of SIMs and SAM;
- To provide secretarial, clerical and word processing support ensuring accuracy and confidentiality at all times;
- To provide administrative support, e.g. photocopying, typing and collation of pupils files;
- To administer first aid (a first aid certificate is desirable but training can be provided);
- To undertake reception and telephone duties, answering enquiries from staff, pupils, parents and the general public in a calm and professional manner;
- Who has achieved GCSE English & Maths grade C or above.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Completed applications should be sent to Casey.Townsend@theglc.org.uk.
Applications should be submitted by: Friday, 10th December at midday
Interviews will be held: W/c 13th December
Interview location: Gateway Primary Free School, Marshfoot Road, Tilbury, RM16 4LU
The Gateway Learning Community is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.