GLC Tilbury Pioneer Academy Inclusion Advocate
Contract Type: 37 hours per week, term time plus one week in the holidays plus inset days
Contract Term: Permanent
Tilbury Pioneer Academy is part of the larger Gateway Learning Community (GLC): a partnership of local primary and secondary schools committed to working together to achieve the highest educational standards for the whole community and is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
We are looking to appoint an Inclusion Advocate to help us achieve excellent, inclusive provision for children and families to promote inclusive and personalised learning, to ensure high quality education and support for all pupils attending Tilbury Pioneer Academy.
Candidates must be able to use their own initiative and will have the following:
- good standard of education; Maths and English GCSE grades A – C, or equivalent
- an understanding of a range of strategies to support positive behaviour management and conflict resolution
- experience of working in a primary school or other relevant context
- a willingness to work in the holidays if required
- experience of working with other agencies
- self-motivation and resilience
- initiative and a great sense of humour
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or to arrange a visit to the school.
Applications should be submitted by: Wednesday 17 July 2019 at 12:00pm
Interviews will be held on: Friday 19 July 2019
Interview location: Tilbury Pioneer Academy, Dickens Road, Tilbury, Essex RM18 8HJ
The Gateway Learning Community is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures