GLC Herringham Primary Academy: Inclusion Advocate
Contract Term: Permanent
Herringham Primary Academy is part of the larger Gateway Learning Community (GLC): a partnership of local primary and secondary schools committed to working together to achieve the highest educational standards for the whole community and is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
We are looking to appoint an Inclusion Advocate to help us achieve excellent, inclusive provision for children and families to promote inclusive and personalised learning, to ensure high quality education and support for all pupils attending Herringham Primary Academy.
You will need to have:
- An ability to make positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents
- An understanding of a range of strategies to support positive behaviour management and conflict resolution
- Experience of working in a primary school or other relevant context
- A willingness to work in the school holidays
- Experience of working with other agencies
- Self-motivation, resilience and creativity
- Initiative and a great sense of humour.
We can offer:
- A highly committed, dedicated and hard working team
- A friendly, supportive environment
- The opportunity to work collaboratively with a number of local schools as part of the Gateway Learning Community (GLC)
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or to arrange a visit to the school.
Applications should be submitted by: Monday 4 November 2019 9am
Interviews will be held on: Week Commencing 4th November 2019
Interview location: Herringham Primary Academy, St. Mary’s Road, Chadwell St Mary, Essex RM16 4JX
The Gateway Learning Community is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.