GLC Herringham Primary Academy: 121 Learning Support Assistant
Contract Term: Fixed Term subject to SEN funding for individual child
Contract Type: 31.25 hours per week, term time plus inset days
Herringham Primary Academy is part of the larger Gateway Learning Community (GLC): a partnership of local primary and secondary schools committed to working together to achieve the highest educational standards for the whole community and is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Learning Support Assistant to work on a 1:2:1 basis with a pupil with complex needs. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Experience of working with children with special educational needs and more specifically, Autism
- A patient, caring and compassionate approach is required
- Ideally, experience of the ABA programme
- Planning and delivering the curriculum to meet the child’s needs
- Willing to learn and develop through training
- Working with outside agencies and implementing recommendations
- Liaising with parents on a daily basis
- Qualified to NVQ level 3 or GCSE grade C in Mathematics and English
Initially, the position will be offered on a fixed term contract, subject to continued SEN funding for the child.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or to arrange a visit to the school.
Applications should be submitted by: Friday 21 July 2017 at 12 noon
Shortlisting will take place on: Friday 21 July 2017
Interviews will be held on: Tuesday 25 July 2017
Interview location: Herringham Primary Academy, St. Mary’s Road, Chadwell St Mary, Essex RM16 4JX
The Gateway Learning Community is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.
|Application Form WORD July 2017.docx||19th Jul 2017||Download|
|Application Form PDF July 2017.pdf||19th Jul 2017||Download|