GLC Gateway Primary Free School: Senior Inclusion Advocate
Salary: GLC Point P18 £22,072 - P22 £24,830 FTE (Actual Pro rata salary £19,737 - £22,203.75)
Contract Type: Permanent
Place of Work: Gateway Primary Free School
Hours: 37 - Term Time plus 10 holiday days
Start Date: Immediate Start
The Gateway Primary Free School is part of the Gateway Learning Community [GLC] which is a partnership between one secondary and four primary schools located within Tilbury and Chadwell in the borough of Thurrock to the east of London.
We are a vibrant, innovative and highly successful organisation: the place of choice to work and learn. Across the 5 academies of the GLC, we pledge that everyone enjoys an equality of opportunity. We work tirelessly to ensure that individual different characteristics including age, ethnicity, socio-economic background, academic ability, disability, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation are not discriminated against in any way. We create environments characterised by mutual respect where difference is celebrated and where individual differences don’t act as a barrier to success.
We are looking to appoint a Senior Inclusion Advocate to help us achieve excellent, inclusive provision for children and families to promote inclusive and personalised learning, to ensure high quality education and support for all pupils attending The Gateway Primary Free School.
You will need to have:
- An ability to make positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents
- An understanding of a range of strategies to support positive behaviour management and conflict resolution
- Experience of working in a primary school or other relevant context
- A willingness to work in the school holidays
- Experience of working with other agencies
- Self-motivation, resilience and creativity
- Initiative and a great sense of humour.
We can offer:
- A highly committed, dedicated and hardworking team
- A friendly, supportive environment
- The opportunity to work collaboratively with a number of local schools as part of the Gateway Learning Community (GLC)
- Enthusiastic and motivated pupils.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. Please email Casey.Townsend@theglc.org.uk for an application pack.
Applications should be submitted by: Midday on Friday 1st July 2022
Interviews will be held on: TBC
Interview location: The Gateway Primary Free School, Marshfoot Road, Chadwell St Mary, Essex RM16 4LU
The Gateway Learning Community is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.