GLC Lansdowne Primary Academy: Cover Supervisor
Lansdowne Primary Academy is part of the Gateway Learning Community [GLC] which is a partnership between one secondary and four primary schools located within Tilbury and Chadwell in the borough of Thurrock to the east of London.
We are a vibrant, innovative and highly successful organisation: the place of choice to work and learn. Across the 5 academies of the GLC, we pledge that everyone enjoys an equality of opportunity. We work tirelessly to ensure that individual different characteristics including age, ethnicity, socio-economic background, academic ability, disability, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation are not discriminated against in any way. We create environments characterised by mutual respect where difference is celebrated and where individual differences don't act as a barrier to success.
We are looking to appoint a Cover Supervisor interested in working with young people in an educational environment who can facilitate high quality learning within the classroom for pupils attending Lansdowne Primary Academy.
- To supervise classes in key stage 1&2 in the absence of the class teacher
- To ensure that the lesson objectives are met and that work set is completed
- To establish and maintain a constructive, purposeful and safe working atmosphere
- To support the administration of the cover procedures
- To promote and reinforce the school’s values
- A good standard of education, minimum requirement: Maths and English GCSE grades A–C, or equivalent;
- A broad interest in the Primary curriculum
- An interest in and an understanding of how young people learn
- Able to form positive relationships with school pupils while exercising authority in the classroom
- Sound judgement in the classroom including patience, tenacity and a sense of humour
- Able to understand broad issues in an educational context
If you are interested and would like to apply for this role please download and fill in the attached application form and return to Kathryn.Luckin@theglc.org.uk
Applications should be submitted by: Midday, Thursday 23rd June 2022
Interviews will be held: 27th June 2022
The Gateway Learning Community is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.