GLC Tilbury Pioneer Academy: Cover Supervisor
The Gateway Learning Community [GLC] is a partnership between one secondary and four primary schools located within Tilbury and Chadwell in the borough of Thurrock to the east of London. Our mission is to offer everyone opportunities to develop as high achieving, resilient, healthy, aspirational, caring and fulfilled members of society.
We are looking to appoint a Cover Supervisor interested in working with young people in an educational environment who can facilitate high quality learning within the classroom for pupils attending Tilbury Pioneer Academy.
- To supervise classes in key stage 2 in the absence of the class teacher
- To ensure that the lesson objectives are met and that work set is completed
- To establish and maintain a constructive, purposeful and safe working atmosphere
- To support the administration of the cover procedures
- To promote and reinforce the school’s values
- A good standard of education, minimum requirement: Maths and English GCSE grades A–C, or equivalent;
- A broad interest in the Primary curriculum
- An interest in and an understanding of how young people learn
- Able to form positive relationships with school pupils while exercising authority in the classroom
- Sound judgement in the classroom including patience, tenacity and a sense of humour
- Able to understand broad issues in an educational context
If you are interested and would like to apply for this role please download and fill in the attached application form. Use the contact details on it to get in touch.
Applications should be submitted by: Friday 01 March 2019 at 12 noon
Interviews will be ongoing
The Gateway Learning Community is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.