GLC Gateway Primary Free School: After School Club Supervisor
The Gateway Primary Free School is part of the larger Gateway Learning Community (GLC): a partnership of local primary and secondary schools committed to working together to achieve the highest educational standards for the whole community and is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
Purpose of Job:
- To be responsible for the development and daily supervision of the after school club providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children.
- To work in partnership with parents and carers, and to promote the wellbeing of the children.
- To develop, implement and review the policies, procedures and practices within the after school club in line with the agreed principles of the after school club ethos.
Exercise of Particular Duties
- To maintain the safety, welfare and good conduct of the pupils during after school club.
- Undertake the daily supervision of the after school club, developing and maintaining high standards throughout to ensure the welfare of the children at all times.
- Ensure children have access to appropriate activities to support their physical, emotional, social and intellectual development giving consideration to families’ ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, ensuring that the school’s Equal Opportunities Policy is adhered to.
- Maintain the after school club to an agreed standard of cleanliness and hygiene, before, during and at the end of each session, and be responsible for all Health and Safety matters in the after school club to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all those who use and work in the Club.
- To supervise the safe escorting of children to ensure their wellbeing at all times.
- Take a key role in suitably equipping the after school club in order to provide a stimulating environment for the children and implement policies and procedures within the after school club.
- Ensure that high standards are maintained with regards to how the club runs and showing how the resources (staff, premises, equipment) are used to ensure the needs of the children are met.
- Administer, monitor and evaluate the number of places being used in order to maintain sustainability and the efficient running of the club. Maintain up to date records of resources. Ensure accurate financial records are adhered to and income and expenditure is kept within budget.
- Ensure confidentiality is adhered to at all times.
- To deal with any immediate problems or emergencies arising according to the school’s policies and procedures.
- To report back to the appropriate member of staff using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the after school club, or any other issues that may be relevant.
- To promote and reinforce school policies, practices and procedures, including an understanding of child protection and health and safety responsibilities.
- The post holder will be expected to act as an adult role model and support school policies when dealing with pupils, parents, carers, visitors and all members of the school community.
- To attend relevant training and meetings as required.
- To respect confidentiality at all times.
- To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with line manager.
- To understand and apply school policies in relation to health, safety, welfare and
- behaviour of pupils.
- To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health & safety in the workplace
- Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- The GLC Board is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
- The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the postholder may be required by the Line Manager to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, to arrange please call the school direct on 01375 489000. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Applications should be submitted by: Friday 18 May 2018 at 12 noon
Interviews will be held week commencing: Monday 21 May 2018
Interview location: The Gateway Primary Free School, Marshfoot Road, Tilbury. RM16 4LU
The Gateway Learning Community is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.