GLC: Lansdowne Primary Academy- Midday Assistant
Contract Type: 7.5 hours per week, 5 days per week term time only
Contract Term: Permanent
GLC Lansdowne is part of the larger Gateway Learning Community (GLC): a partnership of local primary and secondary schools committed to working together to achieve the highest educational standards for the whole community and is a friendly school that values teamwork and high achievement in all areas of our work with young people.
We are seeking to appoint two lunchtime assistants as part of our midday team to effectively supervise pupils during the lunch period, providing a continuous presence to ensure the safety, welfare and conduct of pupils in accordance with school policy.
We are looking for someone:
- To be responsible for promoting positive play experiences and opportunities for the children during the lunchtime break
- To encourage, support and foster positive relationships between children by providing positive and active play experiences and opportunities
- To administer first aid (A first aid certificate is desirable but training can be provided)
We can offer:
- Happy enthusiastic pupils who enjoy school
- A supportive and hardworking staff team
- Professional development by attending training and development opportunities when need is identified
Please contact Kathryn.Luckin@theglc.org.uk to request an application pack.
Closing Date: Midday on Tuesday, 12th July 2022
The Gateway Learning Community is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures the appointment will be subject to satisfactory references, medical clearance and enhanced DBS disclosure.