The GLC Mission, Ethos and Values
The GLC's Mission Statement:
The GLC’s mission is to develop active and thriving citizens within a diverse, truly fair and equal community.
This will be achieved through:
Our GLC Core Values:
We own our behaviour and actions. We recognise that we play a fundamental role in shaping our lives, the lives of others and every aspect of the world. We understand the importance of ‘making the weather.’
We tackle challenges head-on. We approach people and situations with confidence and a positive mindset. We learn from our setbacks and failures.
We care for ourselves and each other. We contribute to making the world a better place. We treat others with kindness, respect and dignity.
We aim high and work hard to fulfil our potential. We believe everybody can achieve something great and realise the importance of ‘improving upon our best.’
The GLC’s commitment to equality is enshrined in our mission statement to develop ‘active and thriving citizens within a diverse, truly fair and equal community’.
We are a vibrant, innovative and successful organisation: we work hard to be the place of choice to work and to learn. Across the 5 academies of the GLC, we pledge that everyone enjoys an equality of opportunity. We work tirelessly to ensure that individual characteristics including age, ethnicity, socio-economic background, academic ability, disability, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation are not discriminated against in any way. We create inclusive environments characterised by mutual respect where difference is celebrated.
To achieve this, our equality objectives include the following:
- To tackle all types and aspects of prejudice;
- To provide equal access to all aspects of the GLC’s educational provision be it in, or outside the classroom;
- To narrow any attainment gaps between groups of pupils [particularly disadvantaged pupils];
- To allow equal access to information to all parents;
- To ensure each GLC Academy is accessible as possible to all pupils staff and visitors;
- To promote all young people’s social, moral, cultural and spiritual development through a rich range of experiences.
See our Equality of Opportunity Policy for further details. Click here to view.